Thursday, August 16, 2007

Invictus (William E. Henley)


Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

===================================================================
Yo leo muchas cosas, y de dez en cuando leo poemas, no conozco mucho porque no es mi estilo favorito, pero hay cosas que cuando uno las lee las palabras se apoderan de uno de forma tal que las conviertes en himnos. Eso me pasó con Invictus.


Se convirtió para mí hasta en grito de batalla cuando las cosas no me salen tan bien y de alguna manera me da la certeza de que yo tengo el poder de cambiar las cosas, incluso aquellas que creo escapan a mis manos, porque al final todo es cuestión de actitud: El problema siempre va a estar, pero el enfoque..... eso lo defines tú.


Enjoy it...... embrace it.
:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home